Whether you trip, slip and fall our firm will help you with your case.
It happens, we are walking and then we may trip, slip and fall. Whether your young or old a slip and fall accident can actually be detrimental to your physical and mental wellbeing. When we get older these types of slip and falls can actually cause more problems than what we may see on the outside not including the severe pain it may have caused you. If you have been a victim of this type of accident its best to contact an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer.
You may be asking yourself… What do I do if I have slipped and fallen? What do I do if I have tripped, slipped and fell? What steps do I take next? How do I know that I have a case?
If you have slipped and fell, here are a few key steps to remember:
- The most important thing to remember when you have slipped and fallen is to stay calm.
- Asses your own physical situation. You know your body more than anyone else so the best idea is if you cannot move to not move.
- Call for help. Calling for help sometimes is key because as you may have learned when treating someone for a heart attack or other illness where you may need medical attention is to actually call for help. People may not know that you are hurt because of the slip and fall incident and may simply walk right around you. If you are in a public area saying the words “help”, “call an ambulance” or “I have fallen and need help” should be enough to get someone’s attention. If you are having a hard time finding someone to assist you and a cell phone is not at reach you may want to grab some type of blunt object and pound it on the ground to get someone’s attention.
- Seek a doctors help or get to the ER right away. The injury is fresh and if you do not seek medical attention right away you are risking internal injuries such as head, hip or other types of traumas to persist. Going to the ER or doctors also helps us with your case because you received medical attention right away. We can use the doctors information to better understand your specific injuries.
- The next step is to contact our law firm. Whenever someone has slipped and fell we will ask for any medical documents, witnesses and specific details of the event. So, keep those documents, including the specific location where you can access them. We may also want to do our own field research of the accident location to take your slip and fall pictures and reenact the fall ourselves.
Do you think I have a slip and fall case?
- Determining whether or not you have a case from a slip and fall accident is based on whether the location knew or should have known about the problem. Was the location notified prior to your fall of the problem area?
- The slip and fall injuries you have suffered needs to be in direct result of the slip and fall incident. What this means is that if you receive surgery on your hip, but it’s not all to do with the accident, but more of age, etc. than there may not be a slip and fall case.
- Compensation, what is fair reimbursement for your injury? The main question here is what we can prove that you need compensation for. Lost wages? Medical expenses? Future lost wages and medical bills? General damages including pain, suffering and quality of life?
The key factor here is that Arizona law states that our firm needs to prove that the location should have known or knew and did nothing about the dangerous condition that may have caused your slip and fall accident.
Statistics about the elderly related to slip and fall accidents from the CDC*:
- Did you know that one out of three adults 65 years young or older haven fallen. Out of that statistic, one out of three adults half of those who had fallen actually speak to their doctors about their accident.
- When an elderly person falls, it is the leading cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries.
- 2.5 million nonfatal falls treated by emergency departments were reported in 2013 and more than 730,000 of those were hospitalized.
- After the adjustment for inflation, $30 billion were direct medical costs in 2012.
With all of this being said, you can see how important it is for you to find an experienced slip and fall accident Law Firm that will get you the compensation you deserve for a trip, slip and fall accident. If you ever fall victim of an incident such as this, give us a call and let us help you get back on your feet or at least in a better position where you can sustain a better life for yourself. We’ve helped dozens of clients such as yourself in their slip and fall cases.
*Want to know more statistics as it relates to the elderly? Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at: www.cdc.gov and if you want to see these specific statistics on the elderly and fall accidents visit: http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html